Pin it

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dining Room Art

I was so inspired by this great project from Spunky Junky several weeks ago that I started a set of fabulous framed pieces for my own dining room. This was a project with a lot of steps, but the end result was worth it!






I went to Walmart and bought some cheap frames to use (I've had the pretty oval one in my stash for years). I also purchased the large utensils there for $1.50 each and a cam of White Appliance Epoxy and a brown, hammered-finish look spray paint. Stopped at The Dollar Tree on my way home and bought the rest of the silverware (2 pieces for $1).

I laid out everything how I wanted it and snapped pics so I would have them for reference:



I took the next few days to spray everything with several coats. I used chipboard where needed to insert into the frames.

Finally. I hot glued the flatware on! Hope you enjoy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment