Pin it

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Ice Cream Cone Mini Album




I made this yummy mini album fir the challenge at BBTB2. I used the ice cream cone from Stretch Your Imagination.
First, I used the blackout feature and cut out the ice cream cone at 8". I don't have cereal boxes, so I used boxes from granola bars.









The boxes are rather small, so I used the "center point" feature to help me squeeze that shape on the box diagonally. You just put the blade in the center of where you want your image. This is also
how I did the tag. I stamped the sentiment on there and then used this feature to cut it out:






I cut out 6 cones from the boxes:



Then I cut out 6 cones from cardstock, then 6 more using the flip feature for the backs of the pages:









I embossed the cone with the cuttlebug:


Used some flowers from my stash and stickles on the cherry:



I also used Puffy Paint to embellish the tag:



I love that stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps!

I think this will be a great excuse to host an ice cream social for the kids. I can see cutting their little faces into circles to use on each page...we better make invitations!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Super yummy! Great mini and love all the papers!

    Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your hand-made mini album ! It is SOOO darling ! I love that you recycled the granola boxes for your chipboard ! I also use 'gift boxes' from department stores !!!! SUPER cute - I am so glad you shared joined our challenge at BBTB2 !!! Lori

    ReplyDelete