Pin it

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Maiden Costume






On the last day of Vacation Bible School (which had a Medieval theme), the kids were to come in costume. Of course, my daughter didn't want to wear one of the dozens of princess dresses she owns. She wanted to be a "maiden", since she thought all the other girls would probably dress as a princess.

I was so proud of myself not buying a thing to make this (I love using up my fabric stash!) We looked online so I could get an idea of what she had in mind. Then she drew the corset she wanted and I modified a vest pattern with a scoop neck and taking a bit off the middle fronts so it wouldn't meet in the middle, then added grommets and ribbon. She wore a red shirt & I made a long black skirt from some double knit fabric I had. We also did a crown braid and added spray glitter and ribbon roses to her hair.

I think she looks a little Snow White-ish and I certainly think she is the fairest of all. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment