Pin it

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, November 7, 2014

Sports Jersey T-shirt Memory Quilt

 This has to be one of my favorite projects ever!  I love all the memories that are captured in this. I have t-shirts starting when he was 3 all the way to age 12!  I followed the instructions from a video tutorial by Missouri Star, only I made it much bigger so it would fit an extra long twin bed (he could take it to college one day!) It was reeeeeally time consuming, but worth it in the end.  With the basketball jerseys (tank top style) I had to add some fabric to the square.  I really love the squares that have his name on them and the button-down jerseys, too.  I think the black sashing really unifies it all.  This thing is crazy cozy---I use a soft fleece on the back.  I also quilted a big "x" across each square.  I pieced together a square of sleeves with patches and stars, too.  The hardest part was trying not to melt the numbers as I ironed on the squares to the stabilizer.  I hope my boy loves this for many, many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment